A crossbreed of the Siamese and bi-colored American Shorthair, the Snowshoe cat is both rare and beautiful. These cats originated in Philadelphia and although they have been around for more than four decades they are rare because it can be so difficult to reproduce the correct markings.
Interesting Snowshoe facts:
- They are a new breed that was first seen in Philadelphia
- They are capable of learning tricks, such as learning to be on a leash
- Snowshoes actually like being in the water, they have a natural attraction for it!
- Their ears are medium to large, with slightly rounded tips
- Their heads are triangular, but some may look like an "applehead"
- Their coats are short
- They have solid and white patterns
- Their points are solid black. This shading can be found on their ears, tail, facial mask and sometimes on their legs
- Their paw pads can be either white, point color, or spotted
- Their tails are medium sized
- It's hard to produce exact markings on their coat, hhence their rarity
- When they age, the colors on Snowshoe Siamese cats will darken
Snowshoe Siamese cats come in variety of colors:
- Chocolate & seal points
The personality of a snowshoe Siamese is:
- Social - enjoys interaction with other cats and people
- Vocal like the Siamese but not as loud
- Intelligent & Trainable
These cats have a wonderful, sweet temperament and are very sociable creatures with loyalty and dedication for their owners. They have distinct characters and personalities and enjoy being around humans. They love lots of fuss and attention, and like Siamese cats they love to have chatter. These cats make wonderful, loving, and loyal household pets.
Home » Types of Siamese Cats » Snowshoe Cat
Come and join us
We're a thriving community on Facebook, too. Click the Like button below to follow along, then pop on over and say hi.
If this feels like your kind of place, why not bookmark us and visit us again? We'd love to see you. Links to new or updated pages are always included in What's New?
Or, to make sure you never miss out on anything, use the form below to sign up for our newsletter.
Enjoy this? Don't miss out
Sign up for our free newsletter!
Our monthly stroll through items of interest, news and stories, photos, tips, and our cats of the Month.
Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Siamese Cats.