Siamese Cat Behavior
Siamese cat behavior is very unique, and is far different than that of any other cat. Siamese cats are known for being highly intelligent and vocal. They are very inquisitive and love being around others. Siamese are very people oriented, devoted and loyal, and just like dogs they tend to get attached to their human owners.
Here are 2 of my favorite ebooks on Siamese cats. They have a ton of useful information on raising, training, breeding, showing, and taking care of your Siamese cat. They are 2 ebooks I highly recommend adding to your digital library!
Ultimate Siamese Cat Secrets
How To Raise, Love And Live With Siamese Cats
Siamese Cat Behavior Traits
- Training a Siamese cat is natural and easy given how smart they are. You can even train your Siamese to walk on a leash!
- Some Siamese cats, like the Snowshoe, like being in water. This can be very helpful during bath time.
- Siamese cats do have some bad personality traits. They can act jealous at times, if they're not receiving enough attention. If a Siamese wants your attention, they'll let you know it with their loud cries.
- If you happen to bring another cat into the house with your Siamese, be sure to introduce them to each other very slowly. They will most likely get along, but being around each other could take some getting used to.
- Unlike most other cats, the Siamese breed tends to be less active at night. This is probably because of their blue eyes, which are lacking Tapetum Lucidum, something found in the eyes of other cats to help them amplify dim light.
Photo courtesy of Heather Hopkins
Why They Make Ideal Pets
The personality of the typical Siamese makes them ideal pets for many people. These cats are very loving and loyal, and are very devoted to their owners, often attaching themselves to one particular member of the family.
They are also very inquisitive and intelligent cats, which not only makes them easy to train but makes for some great entertainment! Some Siamese cats can be real jokers, constantly keep their families entertained.
Siamese get along well with children and other pets, although as with any animal you should get them used to any new or existing pets gradually and with care.
Return from Siamese Cat Behavior to All About Siamese Cats Home